PTI will Showcase the Seal-Sensor 510 Ultrasound Seal Inspection System at Expo Pack in Mexico City, Centro Banamex, June 21 – 24, 2011 in the PMMI Pavilion, Booth 1504.
Seal-Sensor is the newest addition to PTI's Seal-Scan line of non-contact ultrasound inspection systems. "Seal-Sensor technology can be used in both offline and online applications for seal verification and common defect detection (incomplete seals, partial seals, weak seals)," stated Tony Stauffer, president. "Non-destructive and non-invasive, the Seal-Sensor performs a linear scan (L-Scan) of the seal which takes only seconds and presents the quality of the seal as a pass/fail result. This is a very rapid, reliable method that provides an instant reading of seal presence and quality. In lab applications, operators can scan pouch seals automatically with the Seal-Sensor 510 to verify seal quality. Seal-Sensor 510-X is ideal for in-process/100% inline seal inspection for production environments."
Seal-Sensor ultrasound technology has proven to be a very successful non-destructive inspection solution for many types of pouches and flexible packaging. Seal-Sensor detects common pouch seal defects that can contribute to poor seal integrity and affect product quality, sterility and shelf-life.
- Ultrasonic waves propagate through single or multiple layers of well bonded materials.
- Transition through different mediums causes reflection of sound waves and reduces / eliminates signal strength.
Sklar adds, "Most package related product recalls are due to common in-process sealing defects that are not reliably detected by offline or inline visual inspection methods. The key is to be able to identify and correct problems before seal integrity gets out of control, and these latest developments with the Seal-Sensor technology offer an economical, cost effective solution the packaging industry has been waiting for."
- Fast, non-destructive, non-invasive, no sample preparation
- Scans materials regardless of color, transparency, print, surface finish and porosity
- Suitable for 100% online as well as offline process control
- Beneficial in R&D, package development and production applications
- Repeatable and reliable results
- Eliminates subjective, variable results of manual vision inspection methods
- Economical, cost effective solution for pouch seal integrity testing
About PTI Inspection Systems
PTI Inspection Systems is the leading manufacturer of non-destructive package inspection technologies for the pharmaceutical, medical device, food and container industries. We offer inspection systems for package integrity testing, seal integrity and leak testing. Our technologies exclude subjectivity from package testing, and use test methods that conform to ASTM standards. PTI Inspection systems provide repeatable, reliable results and can be incorporated into protocols at any point in the manufacturing process as they are non-destructive, non-invasive and require no sample preparation.
SOURCE: PTI - Packaging Technologies & Inspection